So I really should be attempting some MCN, but I keep findings ways to distract myself from that project; today I thought I would sew a cover for my much loved OTI organiser, as it is getting a little bashed up.It took me forever to decide on the fabric to do it in, as I don't really have much lying around. I really love this blue cord, and had bought it to make a pinafore for the daughter, but after deciding I had enough for both projects, I went ahead. I was using this patten as a guide, but really wanted to have a pen holder, and a way to hold it shut. The original OTI has an elastic that you pull over it, but considering I'm snap press happy at the moment - I thought that would be perfect.
Unfortunately in the midst of sewing this I stupidly lost a pin, which I ended up running over with my overlocker. The overlocker now has, at the very least, a bent left needle. I'm a bit scared to replace that as I'm worried I'll find thats not the only damage.
Apart from the broken overlocker, the cover turned out OK. I still have a few bits to do - the OTI has post-it note pads in the back cover, so I still need to stitch some ribbon strips (or the like) to hook the post-it note pads over. I also may embelish the fron t a little more.
This is really lovely, nice work!
ReplyDelete